Out Patient Charter
- Be registered at our practice.
- Change doctor quickly and easily.
- Preference of a GP.
- Right to confidentiality.
- Be offered a health check on joining our practice for the first time.
- Receive emergency care at any time.
- Have appropriate drugs and medicines prescribed.
- Be referred, when the GP thinks it is necessary, to a consultant/specialist who is both conveniently located and acceptable to you.
- Be referred for a second opinion if you and your GP think it is desirable.
- Have access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law, and to now that those working for the NHS are under a legal duty to keep their contents confidential.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical research or medical student training.
- Have all relevant medical procedures adequately explained to you.
- The practice is committed to providing a quality caring service that meets the requirements of our patients. This can be best achieved by working together.
The NHS provides comprehensive medical care for all UK citizens. In primary care it assures the basic rights of patients to general medical services and indicates the standards of service individuals can expect to receive from Primary Care Trusts. As a patient at Belmont Hill Surgery you have the right to: